Our Lady Of Garabandal Explained – Overview With Videos
The Message of Garabandal – Workers of Our Lady of Mount Carmel (English) (54:04 minutes)
Our Lady of Garabandal – Historical Background – 1960s
- Pope John XXIII is elected and three months later announces on January 25, 1959 to convene a general ecumenical Council of the Catholic Church. It will address relations between the Catholic Church and the modern world.
- Pope John XXIII chooses not to reveal the Third Secret of Fatima (Portugal) during the Year 1960 as requested by Our Lady in 1917.
- On June 18, 1961, St. Michael the Archangel begins appearing to four girls in a remote, poor village of Garabandal in the mountains of Spain. He announces the coming of the Blessed Virgin Mary as Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
- On July 2, 1961, the Blessed Virgin Mary starts appearing, almost daily, to the four girls.
- On October 18, 1961, a first public Message is given by the Blessed Virgin Mary. It emphasizes the importance of the Blessed Sacrament (Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist) and living holy lives. If the world does not change, a very great Chastisement will come. “The cup is already filling up.”
- Through these apparitions, the Blessed Virgin Mary prophesies The Great Warning for the world and a Great Miracle at Garabandal which will take place within a year of The Warning. A permanent, indestructible, supernatural Sign will be placed at the Pines in Garabandal.
- In 1962, one year after the apparitions began, at the time of the feast of Corpus Christi (June 21), the girls have visions of the future Warning and Chastisement. They begin screaming fearfully during the Nights of the Screams.
- Announced 15 days in advance, on July 19, 1962, the Miracle of the Visible Host (Mystical Holy Communion) takes place to one of the girls (Conchita).
- Pope John XXIII opens the Second Vatican Council (Vatican II) on October 11, 1962.
- By the end of January 1963, the visions end for three of the girls and Conchita continues to have fewer, less frequent visions.
- Pope John XXIII dies on June 3, 1963 and Vatican II is suspended.
- Pope Paul VI is elected on June 21, 1963 and announces Vatican II will continue.
- On January 1, 1965, the Blessed Virgin Mary tells Conchita that since the world did not acknowledge the first Message, a second Message (final one) would be delivered by St. Michael on June 18, 1965.
- The second Message says, in part, “Before, the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over.” It states that “Many cardinals, many bishops and many priests are on the road to perdition (hell) and are taking many souls with them.” The Message stresses the importance of the Holy Eucharist and seeking forgiveness for sins. The Message asks for more prayer, sacrifices and reflection upon the Passion of Jesus.
- On November 13, 1965, Conchita has her last apparition with the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- On November 14, 1965, Conchita is interviewed for a German book (“Garabandal – Der Zeigefinger Gottes”) and she reveals what the Blessed Mother said about abortion, which as a girl, she did not understand.
(Page 203): “She [Conchita] spoke quite openly about the developments by which men in the near future would rebel against God. On the day after Our Lady’s last appearance at Garabandal, Conchita asked the author, “Can you imagine how somebody could kill children in the womb without thereby killing the mother?” The author spontaneously answered, “No! What gave you that idea, Conchita?”
“Well, the Blessed Mother spoke about this and she let me know that this will happen with the overflowing of the chalice.” [In her second Message of June 18,1965, the Virgin said, “Before, the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over.”]”
- Pope Paul VI concludes Vatican II on December 8, 1965. Many modern changes have been implemented in the Catholic Church.
The Blessed Virgin Mary appeared as Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Two Messages were given for the world by Our Lady at Garabandal, Spain where she appeared over a period of four years (1961-1965).
October 18, 1961
“We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. But first, we must lead good lives. If we do not, a chastisement will befall us. The cup is already filling up, and if we do not change, a very great chastisement will come upon us.”
June 18, 1965
“As my message of October 18 has not been complied with and has not been made known to the world, I am advising you that this is the last one. Before, the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over. Many cardinals, many bishops and many priests are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them. Less and less importance is being given the Eucharist. You should turn the wrath of God away from yourselves by your efforts. If you ask His forgiveness with sincere hearts, He will pardon you. I, your mother, through the intercession of Saint Michael the Archangel, ask you to amend your lives. You are now receiving the last warnings. I love you very much and do not want your condemnation. Pray to us with sincerity and we will grant your requests. You should make more sacrifices. Think about the passion of Jesus.”
Click below for free online books:
Garabandal – Free eBooks (PDF)
More helpful information can be found at these links:
The Story of Our Lady of Garabandal: Introduction
Information on the Mystical Phenomenon of the Seers, First Public Message
Miracle of Mystical Holy Communion, the Prophecy of The Warning, Great Miracle, and conditional Chastisement, Second Public Message
The Last Apparition, View of Medical Science, and Opinion of the Catholic Church
More information on the Prophecies of Garabandal
Video: Marian Apparitions of the 20th Century: Garabandal (7:45 minutes)
Vignette: The Beginning Days of the Garabandal Apparitions (5:09 minutes)
Vignette: Explanation of the Holy Eucharist, Modern Changes (Vatican II), Prophesied Great Events (6:47 minutes)
Vignette: Important Reflection about the Garabandal Visionaries (00:35 minutes)
Vignette: Garabandal First Message 10-18-1961 (2:05 minutes)
Vignette: Garabandal Second Message 6-18-1965 (3:13 minutes)